As we move into the Easter Triduum, celebrating the three holiest days of the liturgical year, we pause to reflect on Jesus’ Passion, death, and resurrection. When Jesus greets his disciples after his resurrection, his first words are “Peace be with You.” These are important words for us to embrace and extend to each other. May we be a people of peace, being peace, building peace, and preaching peace by what we say and do.
For nine days following Easter Sunday, the Vocations’ team for the Dominican Sisters of Peace invites you to participate in a novena for peace. This special time of focused prayer, Scripture, song, meditation, and reflection will be a sacred time of joining our hearts and minds in pursuit of peace.
Starting on Monday, April 2 through Tuesday, April 10, we will post a daily reflection from our Vocations’ Facebook page that addresses a different theme of peace. You can find the novena on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VocationsDominicanSistersofPeace/. Some days we will be praying the novena LIVE on Facebook. (If we will be praying the novena LIVE on Facebook, we will let you know on that day’s Facebook posting.) We will be posting and archiving this novena on the congregation’s “Become a Sister” webpage.
The themes for each day of the novena are noted below:
- Day One (Monday, April 2) – Peace be with you
- Day Two (Tuesday, April 3) – Peace through communication
- Day Three (Wednesday, April 4) – Peace through hospitality
- Day Four (Thursday, April 5)– Peace through interfaith dialogue
- Day Five (Friday, April 6) – Peace through racial equity and justice
- Day Six (Saturday, April 7) – Peace through eco-justice
- Day Seven (Sunday, April 8) – Peace within families
- Day Eight (Monday, April 9) – Peace through the practice of non-violence
- Day Nine (Tuesday, April 10) – Quest for Inner Peace
Join us as we pray for peace within ourselves and within our world. May the Holy Spirit bless this novena as we seek to be peace, build peace, and preach peace.