Stop the Death Penalty
The Death Penalty Action Center is calling for action on pending executions by signing petitions provided in the links enclosed. The center also provides information on upcoming legislation on the death penalty. Please take a minute and respond to the requests for action. This is a good follow up action to our corporate stance on the death penalty.
- Petitions for Pending Executions (TN, AL (new) & TX (new) ) Sign & Share Now!
- Paused Executions With Active Petitions (TX, TX, FL & TX)
- Active Legislation (AL, CO, DE, IA, OH, UT, VA, WV, WY)
- Upcoming/Ongoing Campaigns & Protests (TN, DC, Federal)
Mobilize for Dreamers in March
Please show your support for Dreamers by encouraging your representative to protect Dreamers!
Our Catholic Bishops continue to express their support for Dreamers and have sent letters to the House and Senate supporting legislation to protect these young people from deportation and family separation.
As the SCOTUS DACA decision date approaches, we ask you to continue to voice your support for Dreamers with your Senators in local meetings during the Congressional recess next month, which is March 16-20, 2020.
- Use the talking points that CSMG attendees used in their Hill meetings and leave behind the DACA backgrounder in your own meetings.
- Need help on how to set up a meeting? Click on this link for “How to Set Up an In-District Meeting with your Lawmaker.“
The latest edition of the US Catholic Sisters Against Human Trafficking, Stop Trafficking, focuses on the role of race in trafficking. Click here to read the February issue.