FULL-TIME JUSTICE PROMOTER
POSITION SUMMARY: The Justice Promoter promotes Justice, Peace, and the Integrity of Creation (JPIC) through education which animates advocacy and action on the part of Sisters, Associates, Ministry Colleagues, and Staff. The Promoter coordinates the JPIC Committees which are responsible for executing the JPIC priorities of the Order and our Chapter Commitments. The Promoter helps to promote and support the integration of JPIC goals and objectives across the Congregation by working collaboratively with Sisters, Associates, Departments and other partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Activity: Animates awareness of JPIC issues to Sisters and Associates
- Remains updated and informed on JPIC priorities and issues
- Educates and engages sisters and associates with justice issues of concern by the congregation
- Works with coalitions to support advocacy which contributes to systemic change
- Facilitates corporate stance process
- Coordinates JPIC Committees in order to build capacity and engage entire Congregation
- Serves as Resource Person for leadership team and staff
- Represents the congregation in the public arena for collaborative JPIC projects on a local, national and international level
- Connect Gospel values to JPIC issues
- Votes proxies
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor degree in Theology, Justice, or equivalent.
Experience: Has experience in justice activities.
- Ability to animate and inspire others to work for justice
- Organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Dominican Charism
- Understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
- Strong computer skills, including social media
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Capacity to work collaboratively
- Application of adult learning methods
- Professional presence
- Ability to manage schedule
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Works in normal office environment.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Work requires continuous activity and with frequent interruptions
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Must be able to work night and weekend activities
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com