POSITION SUMMARY: To work as a housekeeper and team member of the Maintenance and housekeeping department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Housekeeping and Laundry responsibilities at the Motherhouse and Martin dePorres, which include the following:
- Cleans window treatments, including removal and replacements.
- Cleans lobbies, lounges, restroom, corridors and stairways.
- Wash windows, wall, chalk/dry erase boards and trashcans.
- Sweep, rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dust furniture, shelving, and other fixtures.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, doors, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, removes trash, and recycling from building.
- Transports trash, waste, and recyclables to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathrooms supplies.
- Clean, sanitize equipment, burnishes, extractors, auto scrubbers and wet/dry vacuums.
- Assist in snow removal at entryways.
- Cleanup and disposal of biological waste in accordance with safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with the following safety rules in the work place.
- Work as a team player with other housekeeping and maintenance staff.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule beyond normal work hours including weekends and holidays.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- stands and walks intermittently throughout the workday, including sitting and bending; reaches, lifts, carries and manipulates various office materials, supplies, and equipment; arranges furniture.
- must be able to work with cleaning chemicals safely on a regular basis
- must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position
- must be able to function independently
- must be in good general health
- work requires continuous activity and with frequent interruptions
SCOPE OF POSITION: Directly reports to the Facilities Manager.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Director-Human Resources, Dominican Sisters of Peace, 2320 Airport Dr., Columbus, OH, 43219, fax to 614-252-7435 or to email@example.com.