DOMINICAN SISTERS OF PEACE
Ministry Opportunities/Position Openings
Director of the Springs Learning Center, New Haven, CT
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: To lead the Springs Learning Center team in developing, coordinating and maintaining the Adult English as a Second Language Literacy, Citizenship and Basic Literacy Programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing (working knowledge of Spanish is preferred)
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse social, economic, and racial backgrounds
• A strong work ethic and a desire to work as a supportive team member
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Computer proficiency (e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.)include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Operating PC computers and related hardware
– Microsoft Office software, including Powerpoint, Excel and Access
– Photoshop experience
– Database experience
– Fluent in the use of the Internet and e-mail programs
Deadline for Applications: April 17, 2018
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Director-Human Resources, Dominican Sisters of Peace, 2320 Airport Dr., Columbus, OH, 43219, fax to 614-252-7435 or to email@example.com.