Preparing for Next Stage
At the end of the pre-candidacy stage, when you are ready, you formally ask the Vocation Director for an application by submitting a written letter of your desire to become a candidate.
There are several components to the application process. You will receive an application packet and will be asked to complete an application form and submit it with a short autobiography and letters of recommendations to the Vocation Director. You will be required to complete a background check, a medical examination by your family physician, and psychological testing. Our Vocation Director will work with you during the application process. She will submit all necessary forms and letters to our Leadership Team and will then schedule an interview for you with this team to discuss your readiness for the next stage of the discernment process—Candidacy. Upon acceptance, your Vocation Director, the Leadership Team, and you will plan your welcoming ritual.
As you prepare to move to the next stage in the discernment process, here are some questions you might want to reflect on to assess your own readiness for candidacy:
- What attracted you to religious life or to the Dominican Sisters of Peace?
- What is it in your discernment that you are most excited about as you look forward?
- What is it in your discernment that you are most afraid to experience?
- What kind of prayer life do you hope for in religious life?
- What kind of community life do you hope for in religious life?
- Are you open to study?
- Are you willing to be there with and for the poor, the neglected, and the marginalized?
“Scripture Passage or Quote”