Take a Leap of Faith
Put Your Life in God’s Hands
- Discernment is a process that leads to action. Don’t just think about it – DO IT!
- Choose what you feel is God’s will for you and give God a chance to make your life all that it can be.
- You don’t need to be 100 percent certain to take the next step. Think about how you chose your college or your career path – you didn’t stop because you were unsure. Follow your heart – it will help you to make the best choice, the choice that leads you to become the person God knows you can be.
- There is not always a quick answer … discernment calls for patience. Take time to pay attention to the Spirit’s movement within you. Sometimes it helps to make a list of the pros and cons before making a decision.
- You may need to ask some practical questions before you can make a decision, such as:
- Have I met the requirements to join this congregation? If not, am I willing to work toward meeting these requirements?
- Are my beliefs and values consistent with those of this congregation?
- When I picture myself living out this decision, do I feel at peace?
“It is only through shadows that one comes to know the light.” (Saint Catherine of Siena)