- Three Keys to Discern Your Vocation (6 minutes) — Sr. Pat Twohill, OP offers three keys to discernment that can help you overcome anxiety and can give you the boost you need to take the next leap of faith.
- A Young Sister Talks About Discerning Religious Life (3 minutes) — Sr. Ana Gonzalez, OP speaks to discerning women at our monthly Emmaus Discernment Group and encourages them to “be open to the process and be open to the adventure.” What else is she recommending? What did discernment look like for her? Listen to her talk to find out.
Discerning a Religious Congregation
- Tips for Narrowing Your Search to a Religious Community (4 minutes) — Candidate Cathy Buchanan looked at many congregations, including their ministries, mission, prayer, and community life before deciding to enter the Dominican Sisters of Peace. Listen as she shares her experience and insights about finding the ‘right’ congregation. How does her experience resonate with you?
- Listening with the Heart: Discerning a Religious Congregation (4 minutes) — Entering a religious community is a big milestone in one’s discernment; however, discernment continues. During her religious formation years, Sr. Amy McFrederick, OP prayed with the question, “Why am I staying?” Now 60 years later, she shares with discerning women what helped her to prayerfully reflect and respond to God’s will.
- A Discerner’s Transition Into Candidacy (3 minutes) – Candidate Cathy Buchanan shares her experience of preparing to enter our congregation during the pandemic.
- Candidacy During Coronavirus (8 minutes) – Sr. Annie Killian shares how she had to reshape her schedule during the pandemic to add more time for prayer, journaling and personal reflection. She shares how inspired she was by her religious Sisters who were serving emerging needs. This helped her to move forward in her discernment and formation, recognizing how the world needs us “to speak a word of peace and bring God’s healing touch” to others.
A Nun’s Life Ministry Podcasts
- Ask Sister: A Motherhouse Road Trip with the Dominican Sisters of Peace (47 minutes) — In a live-streamed podcast produced by A Nun’s Life Ministry, Sr. June Fitzgerald, OP and Sr. Mattie Sterner, OP talk about being called to religious life, the joy of religious life, the importance of community, and being open to being changed by God, and more.
- What is Spiritual Itineracy and How is it Part of Life for Dominican Sisters of Peace? (2 minutes) — In this excerpt, produced by A Nun’s Life Ministry, Sr. Mattie Sterner, OP and Sr. June Fitzgerald, OP discuss itineracy of body, mind, and spirit that are part of our lives as religious sisters.
“Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.” (1 Samuel 3:9)