Come and See Discernment Retreats
The disciples asked Jesus, “Where do you live?” He said, “Come and see.” (John 1:38-39) Women interested in religious life often ask us, “What is life like as a Dominican Sister of Peace?” This question is best answered in the words of Jesus, “Come and See.”
During a “Come and See” discernment retreat, you come to our Motherhouse or convent and see what religious life is like as a Dominican Sister of Peace. You will have the opportunity to meet and pray with Sisters and other women who are discerning their call, to learn about our mission, and to have some of your vocation questions answered. The retreat focuses on various themes – discernment, who the Dominicans are, daily life as a Sister, and the formation process. You will join with us to experience prayer, study, community and ministry, which are the four pillars, or graces, of Dominican spirituality. We offer these retreats twice a year, usually in March and September.
Check our Upcoming Events webpage for more information about our next “Come and See” Retreat.
For a description of a “Come and See” retreat, check out these two blogs:
For an inside look at a “Come and See” retreat, check out this video:
+ Come and See (4 minutes) — this video offers you a glimpse of what you can expect and what a “Come and See” Retreat looks like.
We have held several virtual retreats over the past two years. To give you an idea of what you can expect during a virtual retreat, here are some videos from three of our weekend retreats:
- Saturday Morning: Prayer, September 2021 (24 minutes)
- Saturday Morning: Study, September 2021 (23 minutes)
- Saturday Afternoon: Reflection on Dominican & Religious Life, September 2021 (8 minutes)
- Saturday Afternoon: Ministry, September 2021 (21 minutes)
- Saturday Evening: Community, September 2021 (14 minutes)
- Friday Theological Reflection, March 2021 (32 minutes)
- Friday Evening Prayer, March 2021 (44 minutes)
- Saturday Morning Opening Prayer, March 2021 (75 minutes)
- Saturday Discernment and Community Living, March 2021 (72 minutes)
- Saturday Evening Prayer, March 2021 (26 minutes)
- Sunday Panel Conversation about Ministry, March 2021 (55 minutes)
- Sunday Closing Prayer, March 2021 (6 minutes)
- Friday Evening Opening Prayer, September 2020 (24 minutes)
- Saturday: Discernment 101, September 2020 (24 minutes)
- Saturday: How Some Dominican Sisters of Peace Live Out Their Call, September 2020 (38 minutes)
“Come,” Jesus replied, “and you will see.” (John 1:39)