“Fake News” About Human Trafficking Hurts Real Relief Efforts
USCSAHT has signed onto a joint letter of over 80 anti-trafficking organizations in a united message denouncing the QAnon conspiracy theories related to trafficking that are distracting and harming the actual good work happening to prevent and end human trafficking.
Please click here to read the entire letter.
LCWR Newsletter, November 2020
Here are some highlights from the most recent LCWR newsletter.
- Faith Leaders Call on Senators to Lead Global COVID-19 Response, p. 5
- Catholics Call on Attorney General Barr to Protect Children from Online Trafficking, p. 6
- Faith Community Outraged by Administration’s Devastation of the US Refugee Program, p. 6
Click here to read the entire newsletter.
More Federal Executions Scheduled
On December 8th the federal government will execute Lisa Montgomery for her murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett. This will be the first federal execution of a woman since 1953. On December 10th, International Human Rights Day, they have lined up another black man, Brandon Bernard, who will be killed for his participation in the murders of Todd and Stacie Bagley.
Death Penalty Action suggests these actions that you can take to make your voice heard.
- Sign and share the petition to Congress
- Visit our federal executions resource page for a list of action opportunities
- Have your faith community, club, team, business, civic group, etc. sign the organizational sign-on letter to congress, here
- Sign petitions on state cases here