Faith at Home for Young Catholics
With Masses canceled in many dioceses, parents are working at home, helping with e-learning, AND teaching faith formation! Here are a few materials to help you and your family continue Faith Formation.
Home faith learning is a great way to stay in contact with grandparents and extended family. Email the materials to far-away family and have them work with your child via Skype or Zoom!
Sunday, May 31 -Pentecost Sunday
Bible Verse Race Track – Super easy to print and put together, this race track can be used with any Bible verse that you are working on. It is also perfect for a variety of ages!
- Encourage your kids to draw their own houses, trees, ponds, or parks around the roads.
- Have your older kids write the verse out themselves.
- Encourage younger kids to sound out different words as their car drives over them.
- Have your kids read the verse, one word at a time, as the cars drive over the words. Try it once, really slowly. Then, try saying the verse at racing speed.
- Have your child cover a word with a stationary car. Read the verse, remembering the covered word from memory. Then, have your child place another car over another word. See how many cars you can get on the road while repeating the verse without making a mistake.