Every six years, after prayer and study, the Dominican Sisters of Peace commit themselves to a specific direction and focus. Presently these include:
- Study, contemplate, and preach God’s revelation discovered in the unfolding mystery of creation and in Sacred Scripture.
- Create environments of peace by promoting non-violence, unity in diversity, and reconciliation among ourselves, in the Church and throughout the world.
- Promote justice through solidarity with those who are marginalized, especially women and children, and work with others to identify and transform oppressive systems.
- Create welcoming communities, inviting others to join us as vowed members, associates, volunteers, and partners in our mission to be the Holy Preaching.
- Foster God’s web of life personally, communally and ministerially by advocating and supporting just policies and decisions to reduce the impact of global climate change.