Become a Sister
Could God be calling you to join us?
Do you dream of doing something more with your life? Are you longing for deeper meaning and sometimes feel that there is more to life than what you are currently doing? Maybe God is inviting you to explore becoming a Dominican Sister of Peace. Share your gifts with others who want to make a difference in the world. If these questions touch your heart, perhaps God is nudging you to explore this option for your life. Why not enter into a discernment process that will give you some clarity. It may just give you a place to be part of a community at the service of others in the Catholic Church.
Eligible women are: Catholic, single and between the ages of 20 and 45. You must be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident card and have a minimum of two years college/university or equivalent life experience. We encourage you not to let debt from college loans deter you from following your call. We do consider candidates who carry some educational debt.
What should you do?
Don’t be afraid to dream. Don’t put things off until tomorrow, start your life today. Three easy steps to begin:
- Complete the request form for more information.
- Learn more about our discernment opportunities where you can meet and spend time with Dominican Sisters of Peace.
- Contact one of our Vocation Ministers.
Sr. June Fitzgerald, OP
570.336.3991(call or text)
How do I know?
Good question and there is no easy way to answer. Each person’s call and journey is unique, but you can be sure that God knows and calls each person by name. Learn more about how to decide.
A Prayer to Consider During your Discernment
Novena for Peace:
- Day One – Peace be with you
- Day Two – Peace through communication
- Day Three – Peace through hospitality
- Day Four — Peace through interfaith dialogue
- Day Five – Peace through racial equity and justice
- Day Six – Peace through eco-justice
- Day Seven – Peace within families
- Day Eight – Peace through the practice of non-violence
- Day Nine – Quest for Inner Peace
Join us as we pray for peace within ourselves and within our world. May the Holy Spirit bless this novena as we seek to be peace, build peace, and preach peace.
Each vocation story is different – the journey through discernment is not the same for everyone. The videos below introduce you to some Dominican Sisters of Peace. Can you see something of yourself in these Sisters?