Become a Sister
Could God be calling you to join us?
Do you dream of doing something more with your life? Are you longing for deeper meaning and sometimes feel that there is more to life than what you are currently doing?
Maybe God is inviting you to explore becoming a Dominican Sister of Peace and share your gifts with others who want to make a difference in the world.
Answer God’s question by entering into a discernment process that will give you some clarity. It may just give you a place to be part of a community at the service of others in the Catholic Church.
Who is Eligible?
- Between the ages of 18 and 50
You must be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident card and have a minimum of two years of college/university or equivalent life experience. We encourage you not to let debt from college loans deter you from following your call. We do consider candidates who carry some educational debt.
What should you do?
Don’t be afraid to dream.
Don’t put things off until tomorrow, start your life today. It takes just three easy steps to begin:
How Do I Know?
Good question and there is no easy way to answer. Each person’s call and journey is unique, but you can be sure that God knows and calls each person by name. Learn more about how to decide.
Video Resources for Those who are Discerning
- How is God Calling You. Published on Oct 7, 2014. Time: 29:53
- Dominican Sisters of Peace – Vocations. Published on Mar 11, 2013. Time: 1:04.
- Where Am I Going? Vocation Discernment Tools by Sister Cathy Arnold, OP. Published on Sep 13, 2012. Time: 18:41.
- Sr. Bea Tiboldi – Vocation Story. Published on Dec 16, 2011. Time: 2:30.
- Pat Dual – Vocation Story. Published on Dec 16, 2011. Time: 2:59.
- Sr. Mary Vuong, OP – Vocation Story. Published on Jan 12, 2012. Time: 3:49.
- Sr. Bea Tiboldi – Perpetual Profession Published on May 13, 2019. Time: 56:14